08/14/2018 | featured
Orange Almond Salad
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 16 oz mixed greens, torn
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- 3oz crumbled goat cheese (or desired)
- Combine canola oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and dry mustard in a jar with a lid. Shake until ingredients combine into a dressing.
- Toss greens, oranges, cranberries, onions, goat cheese and almonds together in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!
To toast Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread almonds in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Check almonds, shake pan to stir almonds.
- Check every minute until they're desired color.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour onto a plate or platter where they can cool in a single layer.