05/25/2018 | featured, tips-and-hints
Simply SPOOKY Design Ideas
It doesn't have to time and money to create a spooky Halloween haunted house. Here are a few easy ideas that will delight your ``Trick or Treaters"!
- Hammer 3 to 4’ high garden stakes into your lawn in a circles.
- Poke a styrofoam ball (6” to 8” in diameter) through the top of the stake.
- Cover the ball with light weight white fabric, fabric should clear the grass. Secure with push pins or white glue.
- Connect the corners of the fabric, giving them the illusion that they’re dancing in a circle.
- They look really cool dancing around a tree or faux fire pit!
Coming Out to Say BOO!
A super easy Halloween display for your front porch or lawn.
- Fill a wheelbarrow with a combination of dirt , mulch and stones.
- Pick up inexpensive bones and birds from your local dollar or party store.
- Mix it all together to create your own Halloween Welcome.
Flying Pumpkin Scarecrow
An eerie addition to your outdoor Halloween decorating.
- Pick a tall post in your yard to assemble the scarecrow.
- Using old rakes or long bare branches for arms attach the arms to the post with screws.
- Carve your evil pumpkin head, making sure the opening is at the bottom not the top. Place the pumpkin on top of the post.
- Adorn the arms with long lightweight black material that flows freely in the breeze. Secure fabric with hot glue or tacks.
- Insert an electric powered light in the head to keep this demonic looking creature lit up on the darkest of evenings.